Thursday, March 5, 2009

Panama City Day 7


One week into our vacation already. Today hubby and I decided to do a run on the beach. What a lovely thing to do. It was hard though. Different terrain, hard, then soft, angled sand, not always flat, climbing up and down dunes. It was a good work out. I took it slower than normal, because I didn't want to get hurt(twisting ankles, knees, etc.)

This morning, the kids and I played some checkers and then we went to McDonald's for coffee and happy meals and then to pick up some more groceries at Walmart. We don't want to buy to much so we are not left with stuff when we leave, but it seems everyday we need something. oh well, such is life.

We came back home, had lunch and headed to the beach. We were there 2.5 hours. The wind is cooler today but the air is much warmer. Tomorrow the temp is suppose to be around 23C so very nice. Ottawa forecast is calling for a nice temp there of 13C.

After the beach, we went to the hot tub again, and then back up to the Condo. The sun is very tiring. The kids are wiped out everyday. They watched some TV and then we headed to a restaurant my parents had been to before called Triple J's for dinner. I had Joey's chicken club, and I must say that was the best club I have ever eaten. mmmmm delicious.
I give that restaurant 2 thumbs up. Great service and food. Everyone enjoyed what they had.

After dinner, we headed back to the condo, hopped in the hot tub again, and then settled down with Alvin and the Chipmunks for the night.

I did something to my hamstring with that run on the beach today. I pulled it somehow, it is hurting. I will have to take it easy tomorrow so it can recover.

We have 4 days left here, and we will have beach days everyday. Other things planned are the sea screamer dolphin cruise on Saturday at 1pm and then K wants to go to Ripley museum, so I guess we might do that. Fun, Fun, Fun...

Things you didn't know about Panama City Beach - Kids will find a personal playground at Coconut Creek Family Fun Park and learn about area sealife at Gulf World Marine Park

No comments:

And that's the wonderful thing about family travel: it provides you with experiences that will remain locked forever in the scar tissue of your mind. ~Dave Barry In America there are two classes of travel - first class, and with children. ~Robert Benchley