This trip will be more laid back than our Disney trip was. I would like to just have some down days and swim and hang out on the beach but also would like to check out some fun places for families.
Here is what I have found on the internet on some fun family friendly activities in Panama City. As you can see there is no shortage of fun things to do.
*sorry for the font changes, I did a lot of copy/pasting from online*
1. Gulf World Marine ParkThis attraction offers great opportunities for learning about the animals. Fun and educational for every member of the family. Gulf World gives dolphins, sea lions, stingrays, reptiles and tropical birds, some well deserved time in the spotlight. In addition, special programs let park visitors "swim with a dolphin," become a "trainer for a day," enjoy "Dolphin day camp"(reservations required). They also host special concert performances in the tropical garden theater.
2. Shell Island
This uninhabited island off the coast is a popular destination for sightseeing and enjoying natural beauty. Bottlenoses play in the water surrounding the island, which itself is home to a fascinating cast of creatures and critters. Spend your day swimming with the dolphins and relaxing on the sand, far removed from the mainland's tourist
3. Coconut Creek Family Fun park With two eighteen hole miniature golf courses and one gigantic labyrinth, the Coconut Creek Family Fun Park lives up to its name. Bring your pint-sized putting champs or seasoned swinger to play through the beautifully landscaped mini golf courses with an African Safari theme, complete with cascading waterfalls and a lake with native fish. What's most unique about the park is not its scenery, however, but the Gran Maze, a human-sized labyrinth the size of a football field; the first of its kind in the United States. Compete one-on-one or move in teams through this challenging, exciting game that is safe for kids and adults of all ages. Admission fees run around USD9 for an individual golf course, or just the maze, or you can pay one USD16 fee for two days to experience all three attractions.
4. Sea Dragon This pirate-theme tour is a popular excursion in Panama City Beach. The 80' authentic pirate ship sails just off the shore of Shell Island. Bring your little lads and join the celebration of music, song, and dance and discover the hidden treasures of the sea when you haul up at Sea Dragon Pirate Cruises. The tour includes soft drinks, beer, wine and hot dogs. Dolphin sightings are also common on the tour.
5. Miracle Strip Amusement ParkHave fun with the entire family at this exciting amusement park that offers over 30 rides and attractions for all ages. Take a ride in the dungeon, on the roller coaster, or in the haunted castle while at this park where children can take a spin in the tea cups, ride the ponies on the merry-go-round, or test their driving skills in the bumper cars.
6. Shipwreck IslandShipwreck Island, located in the heart of Panama City Beach, is an exciting water park offering more than you can imagine. Rides like "Tree Top Drop," "Pirates Plunge," and "Raging Rapids" will thrill you until closing time. If you want to escape the heat, let the gentle currents of the "Lazy River" sweep you around the park. Admission is $29 for those taller than 50 inches, $24 for those between 35-50 inches, and free for anyone under 35 inches.
7. ZooWorldZoo World contains seven and a half acres of botanical gardens and 300 wildlife species from Africa, South America, Australia, and Asia. From the great White Bengal Tiger to Australia's tiny Kookaburra, ZooWorld offers kids and adults a glimpse at worlds unknown. Zoo camps are offered for kids aged 6-13 in the summer, and birthday parties can be hosted here on saturday and sunday year round.