Friday, February 20, 2009

Ready to go

Wow, how did the time creep up so quickly. I have pretty much packed all our clothing, and all that is left is our toiletries and stuff to bring in our carry on luggage. I have arranged substitutes for all my classes, a cat sitter, house sitter, and a bird sitter. I have someone covering my volunteer duty at school. I have left out the shovels for my house sitter. Hopefully while we are away Ottawa sees no snow. I have set one light on a timer, and will set the rest on timers 2 days before our departure, just so I know they are working.

I am in the process of cleaning out the fridge which is getting emptier and emptier, charging all of our electronics (camera battery, Nintendo DS's, MP3 players, organizing what games and movies to bring. Still lots to do. I will have a busy day before we leave day, to make sure all things at home will be good.

I am hoping for nice weather while we are there, but right now, they are seeing alot of up and down temperatures. I hope they remain on the up side during our stay. Long range forcast is showing highs in the low-mid 70's for our arrival. I will take that over anything below 0.
3 days and counting..

1 comment:

Rhona said...

Nice! You will have a blast. I will check daily for you updates & pics. I am excited. I love any adventures. Yeeeeaaaahhhh, Lizzie!

And that's the wonderful thing about family travel: it provides you with experiences that will remain locked forever in the scar tissue of your mind. ~Dave Barry In America there are two classes of travel - first class, and with children. ~Robert Benchley