Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Camping

I am not a camper. A bunch of friends go camping every year as a group and have a wonderful time. I don't miss it, and I don't want to do it. I am just not a camper. They do try to get me to go, and join the group, but I just don't like the whole tent business or outhouses, the no running water, bugs, etc.

I love the outdoors, and would go up for a day trip to visit if they camped close to home, but they usually don't and to make a two-three hour drive to spend a bit of time there, is just to much.

I have camped before, and I don't like the bugs, the dampness and all the work involved. I don't like camping, it is not relaxing or enjoyable to me at all.

So this year a friend of mine found this great camp site, where there are cottages to rent. So no tents, dampness, outhouses and there is running water and all the other comforts of home. It is close by and offers many amenities. Something I might consider next year if they choose to go there as a group.
I looked this place up today and thought it was a nice place to share with all of you. So here is the link to the website if anyone is interested.

http://www.cedarcove.ca/cottages.htm

No comments:

And that's the wonderful thing about family travel: it provides you with experiences that will remain locked forever in the scar tissue of your mind. ~Dave Barry In America there are two classes of travel - first class, and with children. ~Robert Benchley